Thursday 27 March 2014

spring on an Australian flower farm



Last Thursday I said I would use those days to celebrate springtime on the blog by sharing the work of a few photographers and stylists. The first in line - random line - is Luisa Brimble, a Sydney-based food and lifestyle photographer, designer and founder of Alphabet Family Journal. She is also one of the talented Kinfolk people. Luisa captured these gorgeous spring blossoms at the Eugalo flower farm in New South Wales. She was doing a photoshoot for The Grounds of Alexandria (Florals by Silva), which is well known for its specialty coffee. The Eugalo farm is their flower supplier.

When I saw these photos we were approaching autumn in the Northern Hemisphere and spring seemed so far away. The images need no words but there was something about the Hunter boots and chopped wood that stuck with me.


photo credit:
Luisa Brimble
(published with permission)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooming twigs - I have some in my home right now too. It creates an instant spring feeling in the home!! Happy Thursday my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming! Love the way you've chosen to celebrate spring on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs, I love the contrast of the delicate blossoms and the logs.
    Luisa Brimble photographed our daughters engagement and wedding, a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, Luisa was your photographer! I remember some of the images you shared.

      Delete
  4. I love,love your Springtime posts!
    lot of kisses
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose for stopping by. I just opened your blog to find some beautiful flower photos and will have to visit again to take a better look.

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.