Thursday, 10 April 2014

pink and pretty spring blossoms

In some of my spring posts on Thursdays I have been quoting from Bringing Nature Home by Ngoc Minh Ngo, a book that is a constant source of inspiration - a gem on my coffee table. Today I would like to give the book and its author even more space on my blog. These three images by Ngo are from the first chapter, on spring. The beautiful arrangements of cherry tree branches, anemones and bleeding hearts are by Nicolette Owen.

The Japanese custom of viewing cherry blossoms, hanami, dates back for centuries … Have your own hanami with an exuberant arrangement of cherry tree branches at home. What better way to celebrate spring than to wake up under a cloud of cherry blossoms?

from Bringing Nature Home


The poppy anemones, first cultivated in the sixteenth century are models of versatility. Throw a bunch of bright purple [ones] in a simple glass jar to add a cheerful note to a child's room, or put a few elegant stems in sleek white ceramic bottles to admire their subtle loveliness from every angle.

from Bringing Nature Home


Bleeding heart is a spring ephemeral plant that starts blooming in April and becomes dormant when the heat of the summer sets in. The heart-shaped blooms dangling on arching stems make charming cut flowers, and the finely divided foliage is a thing of beauty on its own.

from Bringing Nature Home

photo credit:
Ngoc Minh Ngo, from the book Bringing Nature Home, p. 16, 19, 35, published by Rizzoli

3 comments:

  1. As much as I love the idea of blossom tree branches in a vase ( I would decorate every day like that if I could), I don't have the heart to tear a branch off a tree, maybe only if I see one broken by the wind or something. I love the anemones in the second photo, such delicate flowers, and that idea is so simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful....have a nice Day!Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spring decor inspiration, Lisa! Need this as I have to style up my apartment today. I am having a little photo shoot tomorrow...oy! Happy weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete