Thursday 8 May 2014

Space: the study of textile designer John Robshaw



Textile designer John Robshaw has been featured on the blog a few times. His website is one of my sources of inspiration, a go-to place for exotic textiles. Today I wanted to show you the study in his NYC apartment on the Lower East Side, which is in a 1930s six-storey Art Deco building. The blue painted walls and window frames caught my attention right away, as did the campaign chair, but it was the balance of the room that appealed to me the most. The chair and desk are a Richard Wrightman design. The daybed is custom-made, which Robshaw upholstered in silk, and the vintage rug and portrait are from India.

photo credit:
William Waldron for Elle Decor, December 2012

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful colour palette! They work so well together. I wouldn't mind having the desk and chair (or at least something very similar) in my home office.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.