Thursday 18 September 2014

Outdoor living

Outdoor living is a temporary series on the blog that contains stylish outdoor living areas and sometimes al fresco table settings. It's about celebrating the season of summer!


This blog series is about celebrating the summer season but today I'm giving a nod to autumn with a feature from the October 2005 issue of House & Garden. This Milanese townhouse and garden, with its shutters, conservatory, terrace, and balcony with large terracotta pots, kept on pulling me. It is a Studio Peregalli design and belongs to Claudio and Maria Luti. He is the CEO of Kartell, the Italian furniture company, founded in 1949 by Maria's father, Giulio Castelli. I had to include a photo taken inside the conservatory, or garden room, so you could take a peek into the garden. The table is English, from the early 19th century, contrasted with modern Louis Ghost chairs by Philippe Starck for Kartell.


I found a feature of this same house in T Magazine from April last year and had to add this sunny third photo.


photo credit:
1-2: François Halard for House & Garden, October 2005 via Architectural Digest | 3: Ruy Teixeira for T Magazine

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! This Milanese townhouse is wonderful...and to think this article was from 2005! It just goes to prove that timeless decor never fades and is always "fashionable" and not dated. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Lisa … yes, timeless décor, that's the way to go ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love those shutters! And the conservatory is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, probably because I was born in Milan and lived there during my childhood. This is a beautiful house, very upper class

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS LISA!I feel I have seen before..............perhaps in the magazine years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.