Tuesday, 23 September 2014

space: in Nicky Haslam's hunting lodge

Today I'm in the mood for something solid and the countryside is definitely a place of solidity. This space is quite different from the spaces in Modern Country that I showed you yesterday, but I like both versions of country style, the modern and romantic, as long as the design is stylish. I wish I had a better photo for you of this beautiful corner in Nicky Haslam's hunting lodge, the former home of design legend John Fowler (1906-1977), co-founder of Colefax & Fowler, but I have to settle for a scan from the May 2013 issue of Period Living. In a blog post long time ago I called myself the crazy lamp lady and this lamp brings her out! These days it seems like I'm always linking to books and I cannot skip that part now because there is this one called Nicky Haslam's Folly de Grandeur: Romance and revival in an English country house for all lovers of true country style.

photo credit:
Period Living, May 2013 via Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. The words "hunting lodge" have my imagination running - the perfect autumn weekend in the countryside. What a chic and rustic spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, if you knew how much I love Nicky Haslam! Two of his rooms are my all time favorite rooms that I dream of recreating one day with his signature "dirty" mauve. He's brilliant. Happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a hold of that book, I have some images in my files but I'm dying to see more.

      Delete

Your comment will appear on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam and deleted.