Tuesday 23 September 2014

Space: in Nicky Haslam's hunting lodge



Today I'm in the mood for something solid and the countryside is definitely a place of solidity. This space is quite different from the spaces in Modern Country that I showed you yesterday, but I like both versions of country style, the modern and romantic, as long as the design is stylish. I wish I had a better photo for you of this beautiful corner in Nicky Haslam's hunting lodge, the former home of design legend John Fowler (1906-1977), co-founder of Colefax & Fowler, but I have to settle for a scan from the May 2013 issue of Period Living. In a blog post long time ago I called myself the crazy lamp lady and this lamp brings her out! These days it seems like I'm always linking to books and I cannot skip that part now because there is this one called Nicky Haslam's Folly de Grandeur: Romance and revival in an English country house for all lovers of true country style.

photo credit:
Period Living, May 2013 via Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. The words "hunting lodge" have my imagination running - the perfect autumn weekend in the countryside. What a chic and rustic spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, if you knew how much I love Nicky Haslam! Two of his rooms are my all time favorite rooms that I dream of recreating one day with his signature "dirty" mauve. He's brilliant. Happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get a hold of that book, I have some images in my files but I'm dying to see more.

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.