Wednesday 22 June 2016

Leave or remain? | Design books



Yes, I'm referring to Brexit in the title. Tomorrow the EU Referendum is upon us and the debate will finally be over! One cannot turn on the news or go anywhere without being bombarded with 'leave or remain', and it's been like that for weeks. I doubt I could take one more day of this (it's been raining for a few days which could also explain my limited patience). One particular politician complained in a speech about European passports and that 'we were drinking French wine'. My thought was, Yes, that's a great reason to leave, to get the Brits to drink British wine with their fish and chips and Yorkshire puddings! By the way, I'm on the remain-side but I'm not engaging in the debate as I don't have the right to vote. I do, however, have the right to be sarcastic.

Let's talk about coffee table books, shall we?


I would like to share with you a list of design books that are on my radar; either they have been published recently or soon will be. I have added some comments to each.


· Casa Mexico: At Home in Merida and the Yuctan by Annie Kelly
- this gorgeous book is next on my buying list; on the Rizzoli website you can take a look inside
· Past Perfect: Richard Shapiro Houses and Gardens by Richard Shapiro + Mayer Rus
- I have shared Shapiro's work on my Tumblr page and his outdoor living area on the blog
· Beautiful: All-American Decorating and Timeless Style by Mark D. Sikes
- remember his beautiful Hollywood Hills home on the blog? (since then it has been renovated)
· Would You Like to See the House: Unapologetic Interiors by Lorraine Kirke
- the bohemian inside wants this one
· Alberto Pinto: Signature Interiors by Anne Bony
- remember the large Valdés painting in Pinto's studio?
· Decorative Textiles from Arab and Islamic Cultures: Selections from the Al Lulwa Collection
- stay tuned for a review on the blog soon




2 comments:

  1. Such magnificent photos! Can I congratulate you on an arrival of a new life in your family? All the best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inga. In fact, the Persian cats (we have two) have been with us since we lived in Luxembourg. I sometimes feature them on Instagram but not much on the blog.

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.