Friday 23 December 2016

Happy Holidays



As I write this in the comfort of my living room with the fire burning and hubby playing the guitar, Storm Barbara has swept in. Luckily our region has a yellow zone warning and we're only expecting heavy rain and wind. For us the weather doesn't really matter, it's almost Christmas time and we're not heading anywhere - the next days consist of good food, reading and sleeping. I start Christmas Eve morning with good coffee before preparing the dessert, risalamande (rice and almond pudding) that I serve with home-made cherry sauce in the evening ... delicious! Around lunch time tomorrow we enjoy Swedish braided bread and hot chocolate while the smoked lamb (Icelandic tradition) is cooking. In my mind, the ideal julehygge.

I would like to wish you, my dear blog readers, Happy Holidays and my best wishes for 2017. Thank you for all the blog visits this year and your kind comments and likes on other social media sites.


RELATED ENTRIES  

2 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays, Lisa! Risalamande is now becoming a tradition in my family, too, thanks to you. Everybody is looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw your comment today. I love it that you guys have welcomed the risalamande as part of your Christmas tradition. My Danish ancestors would be proud ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.